Natural Beauty – Make Aloe Vera Masks for Skin and Hair
Windowofworld.com – Can aloe vera be used for skin and hair ?, There are a variety of processed Aloe vera products, ranging from food and beverage products to beauty products, and one of them is an aloe vera mask. Come on, know the benefits of aloe vera masks for skin and hair, and how to process them.
The nutritional content found on aloe vera makes plants that grow wild in tropical countries is widely used for skin and hair care, both of which have been packaged into beauty products or that you can process yourself. One of them is a home aloe vera mask.
Based on research, aloe vera is rich in antioxidants, glucose, minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and sodium, as well as vitamins A, B, C, E, and folate. Aloe vera also contains seven of eight essential amino acids and is a plant that has natural anti-inflammatory and antiaging properties.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Skin and Hair
There are various benefits of aloe vera. Many people apply Aloe vera to treat a number of skin conditions, such as minor burns, sunburn, frostbite (damage to the skin and underlying tissues due to extreme cold), psoriasis, and lip sores caused by the herpes virus. Not a few also use aloe vera to help heal surgical wounds, wounds due to constant pressure (bedsores), dandruff, blisters, blisters caused by radiation, scaly and reddish scalp (seborrhea).
Some chemicals in aloe vera are thought to increase circulation of small blood vessels in the skin and kill bacteria or fungi. In addition, aloe vera contains active compounds that can reduce pain and inflammation, stimulate skin growth and repair, and moisturize the skin.
But, claims and statements about the various benefits of aloe vera masks for skin problems still need evidence and further research. This is because clinical research that examines the benefits of aloe vera for healthy skin and hair is still relatively small.
How to Make a Home Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe vera is often used as cosmetic ingredients. In fact, not infrequently, women apply directly to the skin of the face or hair to be used as an aloe vera mask. You can make your own aloe mask at home by following these steps:
1. Aloe vera mask for face
You can make aloe masks either with or without a mixture of other ingredients. To make a pure aloe vera mask, it’s very easy, namely:
- Wash aloe vera.
- Peel the aloe vera until it gets clear white flesh.
- Apply aloe to your face and neck evenly and allow it to dry.
- Wash your face thoroughly.
When using aloe vera masks tend to be free, some people use them at night before going to bed, and are cleaned in the morning.
In addition to pure aloe vera masks, you can also mix a number of other ingredients such as honey and cinnamon. This is efficacious to smooth the skin and reduce the bacteria that cause acne.
How to make it:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of pure honey with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera. Stir well.
- Then mix 1/4 tablespoon of cinnamon in the mixture before applying it to the face.
- Apply to face evenly and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse face thoroughly.
In addition to honey and cinnamon, you can make Aloe Vera masks with a mixture of lemon to refresh your skin, clean your pores, and kill bacteria that cause acne.
How to make it:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera with 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply to the face evenly and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse and clean face.
You can also make a face mask with a mixture of refined sugar and coconut oil to get its benefits as an exfoliator which removes dead skin cells that can block pores, stimulate healthy skin growth, make skin feel smooth and fresh.
How to make it:
- Mix 1/2 cup of coconut oil with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, stir well.
- Then pour 1/4 cup of chopped aloe vera. You can store it in the refrigerator both before and after using it.
- To use, gently rub the mask mixture on the face and avoid the eye area.
- Rinse face with water until clean.
Another mixture for making Aloe vera masks is with tea tree oil to get the benefits of treating acne. The method is very easy by mixing aloe vera gel with 3 tea tree oil and water. However, you need to be careful when applying it to the face because tea tree oil is very acidic and can irritate sensitive skin. Rinse and dry face immediately after 1 minute application of the mask.
2. Aloe vera mask for hair
In addition to vitamins A, C and E, aloe vera also contains vitamin B-12 and folate which are useful for promoting healthy and shiny hair growth, preventing hair loss, and repairing hair damage due to sun exposure. How to make an aloe mask for hair is also very easy, how to:
- Cut two or three large aloe vera leaves. Then peel the skin to get the flesh.
- Without the need for additional water, puree the aloe with the help of a blender.
- Strain the aloe which has been smooth and place it in a container.
- After shampooing, apply aloe vera thoroughly and evenly from the roots to the ends of the hair. Don’t forget to massage the head.
- After that, leave it for about an hour.
- Rinse hair thoroughly.
If the skin becomes itchy and reddish after you apply the aloe vera mask, wash it thoroughly immediately. If necessary, consult a dermatologist so that appropriate treatment can be given.