How to Treat Breakout on the face?
Windowofworld.com – Breakout on the Face is a condition when the skin becomes irritated and has pimples. The emergence of a breakout can be caused by various things and its handling is carried out in accordance with the underlying cause.
A face that is experiencing a breakout is usually characterized by flushed skin due to inflammation and many pimples appear. The appearance of acne due to breakout can occur when the skin is exposed to certain substances or chemicals, for example from skin care products or facial soap that is not suitable for skin conditions. In certain cases, breakouts can also occur due to hormonal changes or stress.
Difference between Breakout and Purging
Maybe not a few people who think that breakout and purging are the same two conditions. This is because purging is also caused by the effect of using skin care products.
Purging is a reaction when the skin removes layers of dead skin and replaces them with new layers of skin. Purging can be said to be part of the natural skin regeneration process which usually lasts around 2-4 weeks.
This condition is usually characterized by small spots on the skin, growing pimples or blackheads, dry skin, and peeling skin. There are several substances or substances that can trigger skin purging, for example retinoic acid, tretinoin, AHAs, BHA, and benzoyl peroxide.
In contrast to purging which only occurs when using certain skincare products, breakouts can be caused by the following things:
- Frequently changing types of skincare and cosmetic products
- Consumption of oily foods and excess sugar
- Wash your face less regularly
- Wash your face too often or use a scrub (exfoliate)
- The habit of touching the face with dirty hands
- Too rough rubbing facial skin with a towel
- Does not immediately clean the skin after sweating
- The habit of squeezing zits
How to Overcome Face Breakout?
To minimize the effects of breakout, you are advised to use skincare products gradually. For example, in the first week every 3 days, in the second week every 2 days, and so on. Thus, the skin will get used to the active substances contained in these skin care products.
When experiencing a breakout reaction, you should also avoid products that are irritative. Also use a moisturizer so that skin moisture is maintained and the skin is not more irritated.
If the irritation reaction gets worse and acne gets worse and stubborn due to the use of certain skin care products, you should immediately stop using it.
When pimples occur due to purging or breakout, avoid touching the zits often and try not to solve them because they can cause skin injury and scars.
In addition, you can also do the following steps to reduce it:
- Wash your face 2 times a day every morning and night or every time after sweating.
- Select and use skincare products according to skin type
- Use a moisturizer that is fragrance free and has a non-comedogenic label.
- Avoid wearing makeup that is too thick and make up products that make your face oily.
- Use acne medications that contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or sulfur.
- Wash your hands frequently and do not touch your face if your hands are still dirty.
In addition, you are also advised to get adequate rest and reduce stress, so that the breakout reaction on the facial skin quickly subsides.
Not everyone experiences purging or breakouts when trying cosmetics or skin care products. The appearance of the reaction usually depends on the type of skin. People who have sensitive skin types will more easily experience breakouts.
If you are still unsure about the skin problems that you are experiencing, you can consult with a dermatologist, especially if the purging or breakout on the face does not also improve after 1-2 months. The doctor will provide treatment according to the problem and type of skin.