5 Ways to Build Arm Muscles Quickly
Windowofworld.com – Build arm muscles, not only beautifies the appearance of the body but also makes the body’s performance better. Here’s how to build healthy arm muscles.
Strong arm muscles will make it easier for us to do daily activities, even simple ones, such as reaching objects on a high shelf, carrying groceries, carrying a child, or carrying a stack of clothes.
The following set of ways to build arm muscles can be tried at home or between breaks at work. It does not take long, just about 10 minutes per day. But before starting exercise, it is advisable to stretch and warm for 6 minutes to reduce the risk of muscle injury.
1. Bend the upper arm (bicep curls)
This movement is suitable to be applied as a preliminary step of training to build arm muscles.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart while holding a bottle of water or dumbbells on both sides of the body.
- Slowly bend your arms up to the position of the bottle at shoulder level. Hold for a few seconds, then lower back. Repeat 5 times and do 3 sets.
When doing this movement, tighten the stomach and buttocks to get better results.
2. Push Up
Push-ups are the most appropriate movements to build arm muscles, chest, and shoulder muscles. Take a push-up position with your hands and feet resting, then do the next movement as follows.
- Straighten both hands so that they are parallel to the shoulders and allow enough space between the palms on the floor. Keep the body in a straight line from head to heel. Keep your legs straight, and keep your knees from sticking to the floor.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows until your chest falls about 5 cm above the floor. Hold for a few moments, then straighten your elbows again.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
As a first step, try this movement by resting on the palms and knees. For maximum effort, remember to keep your back and waist straight while doing the movements.
3. Push-up by leaning on the wall
To work on the triceps muscles in your upper arm, you can try push-ups using a wall. Stand facing the wall with a distance between the body and the wall about 40 cm. Then do the following movements;
- Place your palms on the chest-high wall, can be far apart, shoulder width apart, or both palms close together.
- Bend your elbows to bring the body closer to the wall. Keep the body straight by letting the heel lift as the body approaches the wall. Hold for a few moments.
- Straighten your arms and straighten your body again. Repeat 10-15 times.
To get maximum results, you can replace the wall used as a pedestal with a stable chair (without wheels) or even with the floor.
4. The body rests on a chair (bench dip)
This exercise is mainly intended to form the muscles of the upper arm. Sit in a stable chair with your hands holding both sides of the chair. Make sure your knees bend and form an angle of 90 degrees, then do the following steps.
- Lift the body by leaning on both hands, so that the buttocks do not stick to the seat cushion.
- Bring the body more forward then lower until it is in front of the chair with both hands holding the chair.
- Tighten your arms and lift your body back to sit in the chair. Repeat 10-15 times.
5. Upper arm stretch (Triceps kickback)
Get on your knees using one of your legs, while the other bend forward and stand on your feet. Both knees form a 90 degree angle. If the right knee is in front, lift and straighten your left arm as far back as possible. Hold a few moments before bending the elbow to form an angle of 90 degrees. Repeat 10-15 times, then do the same movement on the other side of the body. To get maximum results, you can place a dumbbell or bottle of water in your hand while doing this movement.
End this series of ways to build arm muscles by resting for a while for about 5 minutes to stabilize breathing and heart rate. In order to get the best results, routine arm muscle formation needs to be supported by a healthy diet and exercise that involves all members of the body.