6 Symptoms and How to Handle Choking Baby
Windowofworld.com – What causes babies to choking and how to overcome them?, Even though it looks simple, choking on a baby is dangerous if it’s too late to handle. Choking can block some or even the entire respiratory tract. Choking baby will look difficult to breath, until they lose consciousness.
Babies are often choked by small objects, including food and drink, because of the habit of cuddling and the baby’s ability to chew imperfect food. Moreover, the baby’s respiratory tract is still very small. That is why, it is important for Mother and Father to know how to deal with choking in baby, so that they can handle it immediately before it is fatal.
Recognize the Causes and Symptoms of Choking Baby
In addition to watching over the child’s behavior while eating or drinking, Mother also needs to be aware of objects that have the potential to make a baby choke, for example coins, balloons, small parts of toys, to battery stones.
In addition, there are also several health conditions that can make a baby more at risk of choking, such as growth retardation, nerve abnormalities, or brain injury.
Symptoms that can be recognized when a baby chokes include:
- Difficulty breathing, characterized by ribs and chest pulled in when inhaling.
- Make a high note when you breathe (additional breath sounds).
- The color of the skin becomes bluish.
- Can’t cry.
- Loss of consciousness or unresponsiveness.
Help Steps When Baby Chokes
If you find your baby choking and breathing difficulties, the following steps can be taken:
- Take a sitting position, then lap the baby on the thighs and place the baby in a prone position with the head lower than the back and lower body.
- Use the bottom of your palm to give 5 pats between the baby’s shoulder blades.
- If you see something in his mouth, try as much as possible to take it.
- If the baby is still not breathing, turn his body so that the supine position remains with the head lower. Place two fingers in the middle of his chest and press until something is visible out of his mouth or until the baby can breathe normally again.
- If the baby is unconscious, seek doctor’s help immediately.
To avoid choking baby, you should always watch your baby while eating, and avoid snacks and are hard to digest, such as popcorn, wine, or nuts. Likewise, small objects or toys around the baby. If the baby choking, do the above help and immediately ask for help from a doctor for further treatment.