4 Tricks for Dry Hair Care
Windowofworld.com – For those of you who have dry hair, dry hair care is one solution to keep your hair beautiful and healthy. The condition of the hair greatly affects the mood of the fair sex. When you have healthy shiny hair, women will feel beautiful and confident. But it’s different if they have dry, damaged hair. Dry hair tends to break easily and is difficult to style.
Don’t let dry hair keep on your toes. Get over it immediately by undergoing special treatments for dry hair. Dry hair is caused by the lack of moisture in the hair. There are two factors that can be the cause. First, the scalp can’t produce enough oil which makes hair dry. This can happen because of the age factor. As you age, your hair will produce less oil.
The second cause, because the cuticle (hair protective layer) has been damaged. Damaged hair cuticles are caused by over-styling your hair with a hairdryer or flat iron, changing the appearance of hair such as curling, straightening, or using hair dye. If they are damaged, the cuticles will peel from the hair, disturbing the ability of the cuticles to hold moisture.
Say Goodbye to Dry Hair
In fact, it is possible to have beautiful, healthy hair like the models in a shampoo commercial. The key is to be careful when treating your dry hair. Here is a series of dry hair treatments that you can try.
1. Wash your hair every other day
Your habit of washing your hair every day can make hair moisture less. If you feel that your hair is still normal, not too oily, then you don’t need to wash it. But if you want to keep it clean or fresh, you can wash it by alternating shampoo and conditioner. When washing your hair, give priority to scrubbing your scalp. Avoid rubbing your hair.
2. Choose the right hair product
Choose a shampoo, conditioner, gel, or other hair product that is designed specifically for dry hair care. Products that are suitable for use on dry hair have a low pH level to keep the hair moisturised, such as baby shampoo. Products that contain oil with nutrients can also be options, such as coconut oil, olive, avocado, or argan oil.
3. Let the hair come into contact with natural ingredients
You can make a natural hair mask as a treatment for dry hair at home using natural protein ingredients, such as eggs mixed with olive oil. Apply the mask on your hair for 30 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
The moisture in dry hair can also be increased by applying half a teaspoon of coconut oil on the middle to the ends of the hair. Then comb and let stand for 30 minutes before rinsing.
4. Cut the ends of the hair
Dry hair usually has damaged ends, such as dry or split ends. Regular cutting of the ends of your hair can make your hair look healthier. Do this every two to three months at the salon. Avoid trimming the ends of your hair yourself at home. Using blunt scissors and not specifically designed for hair can aggravate the condition of your hair.
Tips To Prevent Dry Hair
For those of you who have dry hair, there are a number of things you should avoid.
- Hair can become dry if you use hair products that have a certain alcohol content, such as isopropyl alcohol, propyl alcohol, propanol or SD alcohol 40.
- Avoid using hot tools for hair, such as dryers, curlers, and hair straighteners too often.
- Use a towel to wrap your hair after shampooing to keep it moisturized.
- Avoid the habit of bathing or washing with hot water. Washing your hair with cold water can have a better effect than hot water.
- Keep hair away from sunburn, cold air, or wind. If you want to stay active in hot and windy weather, use hats and hair products that provide sun protection.
- Also avoid swimming too often at the beach and pool. The salt content in sea water or chlorine in swimming pools can make dry hair worse.
- Avoid using hair products that contain fragrances. Fragrance ingredients can make dry hair worse. It’s better to use a product that has no smell, rather than smells good, but makes hair damaged.
When you have undergone treatment for dry hair and avoided things that damage your hair, but the condition of your hair has not improved, you should consult a skin specialist. A dermatologist can provide and recommend more intensive care for your dry hair.