Gordmans Sales Associate
The Gordmans Sales Associate position is responsible for providing our Guest with a positive shopping experience by delivering elevated Guest Service. The purpose of this position is to assist guest, recovery sales floor, and support the management team in the day to day operations of the store. Associates may be directed to work in several departments including Point of sale.
- Follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
- Acknowledge and greet all guests in a pleasant and courteous manner and ensure all guests receive prompt service in all areas of the store.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the stockroom operations by unloading trailers, preparing merchandise for sales floor.
- Move merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor according to Presentation Guidelines.
- Assist with the execution of Markdowns daily/weekly according to the pricing cadence.
- Understand the basic merchandising concepts and apply them when placing merchandise on the appropriate fixture. Ensure proper merchandise presentation through daily recovery of merchandise and fixtures.
- Understand basic guest inquiries regarding merchandise location and price including sale items, payment methods and related inquiries.
- Must be knowledgeable and follow all Point of Sale register procedures including communicating the benefits of our company incentive programs; i.e. Credit, Synaps and g-Rewards.
- Detect common signs of dishonest behavior both internal and external.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Confident and comfortable engaging Guest to deliver an elevated experience
- Initiates completion of tasks or activities without necessary supervision
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, manner as well as ability to interpret direction.
- Ability to discern dishonest activity or dangerous behavior either by guests or associates.
- Is knowledgeable and can follow all Store Safety and Emergency procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of Guest satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all merchandise. And working in a team environment to provide excellent sales and service