Iran general threatens to retaliate against all those involved in Soleimani killing
Windowofworld.com – The commander of Iran Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), General Hossein Salami, threatened to avenge the assassination of General Qassem Soleimani. He said he would go after everyone responsible for the US drone strike that killed Soleimani in January in Iraq.
When killed, Qassem Soleimani was the commander of the Quds Force. It is Iran’s elite IRGC force for overseas operations.
“Mr. Trump! Our revenge for the martyrdom of our great general is clear, serious and real,” said Salami, published on the Iranian IRGC website.
US President Donald Trump warned last week that Washington would respond violently to any Iranian attempt to avenge General Qassem Soleimani’s death. “If they hit us in any way, in any form, the written instructions were carried out, we would hit them 1000 times harder,” Trump wrote on Twitter.
The president’s warning came in response to reports that Iran planned to assassinate the US ambassador to South Africa in retaliation for Soleimani’s assassination at Baghdad airport on January 3, 2020.
“We are taking out the world’s number one terrorist and mass murderer of American troops and many, many soldiers and many people around the world,” Trump said. “Qasem Soleimani is dead. He’s dead. Bad people. Bad people. Very bad people,” Trump continued.
Salami has denied reports that Iran plans Iran to kill its ambassador to South Africa, Lana Marks. However, Tehran will openly avenge General Soleimani’s death.
“Do you think we hit the female ambassador in retaliation for our brother who was martyred ?,” said General Salami. “We will hit those who have direct and indirect roles. You have to know that everyone who plays a role in the event will be hit, and this is a serious message. We prove it all in practice.”
In January, Iran launched a ballistic missile attack targeting US soldiers in Iraq in response to a drone strike that killed General Soleimani.
Tensions between Tehran and Washington have reached their highest level in decades since Trump in May 2018 pulled the United States out of the 2015 nuclear deal.
The deal that Iran has pressed with six world powers (the US, Russia, Britain, France, Germany and China) is aimed at curbing Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for lifting international sanctions on Tehran. However, the US withdrew from the agreement and restored economic sanctions against the Mullahs.
Tehran continues to expand its enriched uranium stockpiles and presses other countries to offset the dangers of US sanctions. However, Tehran claims it has never developed a nuclear weapon.