6 Ways to Make Your Own Natural Facial Cleanser
Windowofworld.com – Did you know that most facial cleansers contain chemicals that can actually harm your skin? The good news is, you can make your own natural facial cleanser using ingredients that are easily available at home.
Take a look at your kitchen and find the ingredients below to make your own natural facial cleanser. Besides being economical, homemade natural facial cleansers are safer for facial skin.
Natural Facial Cleansers and How to Make them
Here are some examples of natural facial cleansers that you can make at home.
Apple-based natural facial cleansers are especially useful for those of you who have dry skin.
- Two apples, peeled, cut.
- Half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Half a tablespoon of honey.
- 125 grams of plain yogurt.
How to make:
Enter all the ingredients then blend until smooth. Brush the mixture of the mashed ingredients to the face. Let stand for 5 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
For facial acne, you can use a solution of apple cider vinegar to clean your face. To do this, mix ¼ apple cider vinegar and ¾ clean water in a bowl. After cleansing and drying. Apply the apple cider vinegar solution on your face and leave it on for 10 – 20 seconds. Rinse and dry.
Normal skin can be cleaned with a natural cucumber-based facial cleanser. Cucumber is also good for facial acne.
- Half a cucumber crushed in a blender.
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt.
- 1 cup oatmeal
How to make:
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Apply the mixture to the face. Let stand for 20-30 minutes, then wash your face with warm water.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Helps shed dead skin cells from the skin without a granular scrub which is sometimes too hard for the skin.
- Natural moisturizer that can help make the face soft and smooth but does not make the face oily
- Acts as a natural antiseptic that helps eliminate acne-causing bacteria and helps heal wounds.
How to make:
- Protect clothes and hair from honey that might stain.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Choose natural honey without mixture. Pour half a teaspoon of honey on the palms.
- Gently stir the honey with your index finger to soften it.
- You can add a few drops of warm water to dissolve honey that is too thick.
- Apply honey and massage in circular motions on the facial skin using your fingers. Avoid the area around the eyes.
- Remove the honey from your face using warm water after letting it sit for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Dry your face by patting it gently with a soft towel.
4. Castor Oil
- Suitable for cleaning oily, dry and normal skin.
- Has good potential to reduce wrinkles, as a moisturizer, and treat acne.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties, so it is good for dealing with dry and irritated skin
- Dry skin: 1 teaspoon castor oil, plus 1½ teaspoons shea butter.
- Normal and oily skin: 1½ teaspoons of castor oil, plus 2 teaspoons of olive or coconut oil.
How to make:
- Put the castor oil and the mixture in a bowl and then apply it to the face.
- Massage your face with this oil at night before going to bed. After that, dry with a towel that has been dipped in warm water. Wait about one to five minutes before washing your face with the towel.
5. Oatmeal and yogurt
Oatmeal can act as a natural facial cleanser and helps remove dead skin cells on facial skin, while yogurt can provide nutrients and moisturize the face.
Half a cup of oatmeal mixed with hot water to form a pulp.
1 teaspoon of yogurt or honey.
You can add half a cup of fruit such as banana or papaya that is crushed.
How to make:
- Combine the oat pulp and other ingredients in a bowl. Clean and dry the face. Apply the oatmeal mixture all over your face, massage in a circular motion for 3 minutes, then wash off with warm water. Avoid sensitive areas, such as around the eyes.
- Alternatively, apply the oatmeal mixture on your face for 10 minutes, then rinse and dry with a clean towel.
- Tomatoes contain salicylic acid which is good for treating acne, oily skin, and helping to shrink skin pores.
- Good for helping skin healing after prolonged exposure to the sun (sunburn).
Materials and how to make:
- Blend and blend the following ingredients. One ripe tomato and one tablespoon of sugar.
- Apply on face for 5 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
Other Natural Facial Cleansers
Several other ingredients can also be used separately as a mixture for natural facial cleansers. Here are a few things to keep in mind when using it:
- Lemon juice makes facial skin more sensitive to sunlight. Therefore, minimize sun exposure on your face if you use lemon juice as a cleanser.
- Yogurt can be used alone as a facial cleanser by mixing one spoon of yogurt with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Yogurt used as a face mask can also help brighten the skin.
- Olive oil can also be used separately, by applying it on the face, massage for half a minute, then wash with warm water.
- Green tea can be used as a cleanser which acts to counteract the effects of free radicals on the skin. Green tea can also be used as a facial cleanser for oily skin. Apart from being topically applied, green tea which is rich in antioxidants can be brewed and drunk to make skin healthier.
In addition to some of the examples of natural facial cleansers above, the natural way to get a clean face is to eat healthy foods that are beneficial for the skin, drink water and get adequate rest every day, and use sunscreen when doing activities in the sun.