Diet to Prevent Weakening of Muscle Tissue
Windowofworld.com – As humans age, muscle tissue weakens and stamina decreases. Even so, that doesn’t mean we give up on the effects of aging. The good news is that muscle tissue strength can be strengthened through eating a healthy diet.
The bodies of humans and animals are made up of muscle tissue that allows them to move. When you get older, the muscle tissue that is formed will also decrease. At the age of 50, humans can lose about 1-2 percent of muscle mass each year, making the legs and arms weak and look thin and sagging. Not only with regular exercise, muscle tissue grows and is formed thanks to the support of the right energy-rich foods and adequate daily fluid consumption.
The choice of types and ways to eat the following are expected to help you maintain healthy muscle tissue.
- Muscle tissue growth can be supported by consuming lean meat as a source of amino acids, iron and protein. Dark chicken provides up to three times more zinc and 25 percent more iron than white meat. Both of these substances are needed to strengthen the immune system. However, a protein expert doctor cautioned that consuming too much protein with the same intensity of activity can actually add calories, thereby increasing fat mass
- Make sure your plate is filled with one-third of fruits and vegetables, one-third of fat-free protein such as chicken and eggs, and one-third of healthy carbohydrates, such as brown rice, whole wheat bread, or pasta.
- Low-fat milk provides calcium, potassium, vitamin D, protein and carbohydrates.
- A sports nutrition expert recommends chocolate milk as an energy-restoring drink to drink one hour after a workout to nourish muscle tissue. Eat 1-2 hours after exercise to restore body nutrition. You can also try yogurt if you are lactose intolerant.
- Eating an egg a day is good for meeting daily amino acid needs. Some protein is sourced from egg yolks. So, don’t throw away the egg yolk because the lutein contained in it can maintain eye health.
- As a snack, raw or boiled nuts without being salted can provide protein, good fats, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants that are good for the body.
- Whole grains are a good source of carbohydrates that also contain fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins.
Eat before exercise, especially carbohydrates. Carbohydrates meet energy needs and prevent protein from being used as an energy source. Even so, carbohydrate consumption should not be excessive because protein is still needed to increase strength and restore muscle tissue. In addition, protein also functions to produce hormones and the body’s immune system.
Twenty grams of protein is the amount recommended to stimulate daily muscle protein synthesis. This amount is approximately equivalent to two cups of milk. However, the exact amount of needs depends on each person’s body weight.
To get the maximum benefit, it is recommended to supplement the consumption of these nutrients with physical strength training at least 30-45 minutes twice a week. This exercise also plays a role in reducing the risk of muscle and joint injury and preventing osteoporosis and the most important thing is to maintain muscle strength in order to stay fit. You can consult a doctor further to find out how to get a fit body and slimming according to age.