What is Yellow Teeth?
Windowofworld.com – Why teeth can be yellow, what is the cause, how to treatmen and prevent it ?, Yellow teeth can indeed interfere with appearance and reduce self-confidence. But, you dont have to worry. Yellow teeth can turn white, really. There are various ways that dentists can do to overcome yellow teeth.
Teeth have pores like human skin, but cannot be seen by the eye. Dyes from food, drink, or cigarette smoke will absorb to the surface of the teeth through the pores and produce a yellowish color with different levels in each person.
What Causes Yellow Teeth?
The color of your teeth can turn yellow naturally with age. But besides that, teeth can also turn yellow because of the following things:
1. Causes from within
Some internal factors that can cause yellow teeth are:
- Excessive fluoride exposure since childhood.
- Long-term use of drugs.
- Trauma due to falling or impact on teeth during growth.
2. Causes from the outside
Some external factors that can cause yellow teeth are:
- Excessive consumption of coffee, alcohol or soft drinks.
- Eat colorful foods, such as curry or soto.
- Brushing teeth in the wrong way, resulting in a buildup of plaque on the teeth.
Yellow teeth caused by external factors are easier to overcome than yellow teeth caused by internal factors. Yellow teeth due to internal factors require different treatment and generally take longer.
How to treatment Yellow Teeth
It is recommended that you consult directly with the dentist for yellow teeth. In general, there are several treatment that can be done by a dentist to make teeth turn white, namely:
1. Scaling teeth
Dental scaling is a routine treatment performed during dental check-ups or before dental fillings. The goal is to clean the entire surface of the tooth with a special tool.
Scaling can help remove black spots and other dirt on the surface of the teeth. After the scaling treatment, some dentists will brush the patient’s teeth with abrasive material to remove stains on the teeth.
2. Bleaching teeth
After dental treatment with the scaling method, the dentist can do teeth whitening by applying special ingredients to the surface of the teeth, then shining them with a laser beam.
3 Dental veneer
Dental crowns, also known as dental veneers, can be an alternative treatment to restore the white color of teeth. In this treatment, the teeth will be coated with a special material that will wrap the teeth and make them appear whiter.
Before this procedure is performed, the thickness of the tooth surface will be reduced around 1-2 mm in advance. After that, the doctor will coat the teeth with dental fillings or crowns.
Tips for Preventing Yellow Teeth
After treatment, the teeth may turn yellow if not treated properly. To prevent yellow teeth, you can take the following simple steps:
- Brush teeth properly, 2 times a day, ie in the morning and at night before going to bed. If there is food tucked, you can clean it with dental floss or dental floss.
- Brushing teeth with special toothpaste that can whiten teeth.
- Stop smoking, and reduce the consumption of tea, alcoholic beverages, and soft drinks.
- Drinking using a straw, to prevent drinks directly from the tooth surface.
- Routine gargling with water after eating colored foods or drinks.
To maximize efforts to cope with yellow teeth and prevent teeth from turning yellow, you must be diligent in maintaining dental hygiene and health. Aside from brushing your teeth regularly, you are also advised to do routine control to the dentist at least once a year.